Come and enjoy a spectacular City Tour of Santo Domingo, the oldest city in the Americas! Come join us to experience the walk where history began in America.
On this day trip from Punta Cana, a great option for first-time visitors and history buffs. Visit the caves in Three Eyes National Park, the Columbus Lighthouse, the walled Colonial Zone, and the National Presidential Palace, traveling between attractions with ease on an air-conditioned bus. A traditional Dominican lunch is also included.
Your tour begins with pickup from your Punta Cana hotel in an air-conditioned bus. Travel approximately two and a half hours to Santo Domingo, the oldest city in the New World and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit some of the most spectacular places in this rich colonial city, including the Palace of Diego Colón (Son of the conqueror) and the seat of the conquerors for many years, the “Alcázar”; The Holy Primate Cathedral is the first church in the New World, the Fortress, the National Pantheon.
Prepare to walk and take pictures throughout the Colonial Zone starting at the Palacio de Colón. Completed in 1514, this was the home of Christopher Columbus’s son, Don Diego. From the Palace, the tour will pass through the historic Plaza de España and then to Calle Las Damas (the first paved street in the New World) . Keep walking to the National Pantheon, where the heroes were buried. The colonial tour will culminate in the First Cathedral of the New World. Our Santo Domingo City Tour is guaranteed entertainment !!!.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking, contact us by whatsapp or email.
- To enter the Cathedral, women and men must cover up to the elbows and knees.
- It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes.
- It is recommended to bring cash, a camera, sunscreen, and a hat.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- As this trip is not private, there may be different stops to pick up more clients
Information about your accommodation and confirmation is required
- Please note that after being picked up from your hotel, we will be waiting for other buses at the gas station to change the bus.